Key Account Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Key Account Manager Do?
The job description of the key account manager is to focus on determining and managing key accounts in order to accomplish and advance sales budgets, and maximize opportunities to make sales.
He/she is also responsible for achieving certain sales target from direct sales routes through the process of growing and developing existing clients.
It is also expected of the key account manager to actualize crucial and overall expenses the company incurs to foster its brands and products.
This means that every dime spent in one activity or the other builds the long term sustainability of the company’s products.
It is therefore imperative for the account manager to ensure that the appropriate products are brought to the right place and at the proper time so as not to miss the sales target needed to achieve a business plan.
The manager is expected to develop unique ways to flourish the organization and manage vast point of sales across the country.
This will also involve searching for open territories for the possibility of convincing customers to grow their businesses with the company’s products.
It is expedient for the key account manager to generate revenue while participating in the development and implementation of the strategic sales plan for the company.
Usually, two years firsthand knowledge on sales, coupled with outstanding skills in maintaining complicated and enduring customer relationships is of utmost importance to an individual hoping to be a successful key account manager.
Key Account Manager Job Description Example
The essential duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which make up the daily activities of the individual working as key account manager, are shown in the job description example below:
- Create business proposals for new and existing opportunities.
- Play fundamental role in setting up new businesses; take responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new customers.
- Give a rundown of the level of competition and general market activities on a daily basis to the general manager.
- Give up-to-date information relating to customer activities.
- Serve as an agent in the company with a view to achieving budgeted sales within the country.
- Establish relationship with clients and provide high standard of customer service continually.
- Organize and arrange specified records and files in order to keep track of financial transactions.
Key Account Manager Resume Preparation
The employment history section of the key account manager’s resume can be prepared using the sample job description given above.
Requirements – Qualities – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the Key Account Manager Post
The following knowledge, skills, and other qualities are often required by employers from people applying for the job of key account manager:
- First degree in any of Accounting, Business Management, and Business Information Technology.
- Prior experience in accounting or territorial sales.
- Strong accounting management and relationship building skills.
- Expert ability to program territorial support to ensure prompt communication with customers.
- Exhibit confidence and foresight in soliciting for new businesses and reactivating old accounts.
- Ability to work out sales deals that will accomplish budgeted margins and correspond to the company’s sales policies.
- Good relationship building and accounting or business management skills.
- Familiarity with administering major accounts at head office position.
- Excellent supervisory, evaluation, and reassessment experience.
- Exceptional skills in resolving financial statistics with little supervision.
- Strong competence in working efficiently in a complex multi-faceted setting.
Related: #2: Key Accounts Manager Job Description
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.