IT Business Analyst Job Description: Examples of Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does an IT Business Analyst Do?
The IT business analyst is an expert whose role is to design and implement information systems geared toward optimizing revenue for an organization.
He/she combines a variety of strategies such as information engineering, modeling, and cost based accounting in creating systems that give satisfaction to both the organization and their clients.
The job description of the IT business analyst is to execute both technical and analytical functions to ensure smooth flow of business in the organization.
He/she is involved from the conception of the business development strategy, and creates a detailed system design, making available good programming throughout the business development process.
As a professional on the field, the analyst shows great interest in both technological and business developments, and studies them rigorously in order to not only be familiar with latest trends, but also be able to recommend new systems and applications where older ones are not so effective, to increase business output and returns.
These business analysts also partake in the maintenance of the SAP system, and assist clients and other experts on the team in resolving issues related to software application support.
Example of Job Description for IT Business Analysts Position
The job description example given below represents that of the business analyst in charge of IT. It shows commonly perform duties, tasks, and responsibilities by individuals working the position in many firms.
- Create designs for technical solutions to resolve business problems and tryout components of new systems for efficiency.
- Reach out to clients and project leaders in the course of work in order to identify and evaluate user and business requirements.
- Create and facilitate efficient and cost effective solutions and analyze systems specification to meet business requirements.
- Supervise all integration processes with new clients and other third-party vendors.
- Ensure clean and accurate documentation that may include aspects such as business requirements, client requirements, and technical specifications, and write findings in form of reports, which may be used in professional publications.
- Ensure that all documents are safely kept and accessible for future reference, and carryout routine testing of software patches; assist with new releases, and approve all User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate professional and constant communication with overall users on the status of production problems that might arise and inform them about ways of resolving issues.
- Supervise project development processes with clients and vendors for the successful execution of projects.
- Monitor queue to ensure that all necessary orders are checked and released on time.
- Carryout research on how IT systems are used and suggest ways for systems improvement and efficiency.
Preparing a Resume for IT Business Analyst Job
To prepare a good resume for the job of business analyst IT, you need the right information in putting all the sections of the resume together. Such information can be derived from the sample job description presented above in writing the professional experience section.
Requirements – Qualities – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for the IT Business Analyst Post
Some of the key qualities – skills, knowledge, and abilities – that people working as business analysts on IT are expected to possess include the following:
- Strong skills in working with relational databases.
- Strong skills and ability to troubleshoot issues quickly, and find solutions to solving them independently in a timely manner.
- Exhibit good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and other applications.
- Great knowledge of IT processes and willingness to constantly update knowledge.
- Inbuilt ability to multi-task, working on more than one issue simultaneously.
- Able to carry out tasks with little or no supervision.