Insides Sales Account Manager Job Description Example
What Does an Inside Sales Account Manager Do?
An inside sales account manager is one who is responsible for performing various full life-cycle inside sales activities, which in turn is to grow his/her assigned territory as designated by the organization he or she works for.
The job description of the inside sales account manager entails generating opportunities and demonstrating the company’s products’ functionality to potential clients to get their business.
Like the rest of the other sales personnel, the account manager also operates with the phone or a computer. Through this means he promotes the company brand and products/services.
As a sales manager, it is part of your responsibility to generate revenue for the company, from selling its products in large volume. Sometimes this may also require you to engage in periodic outside sales activities.
It is the responsibility of the inside sales account manager to develop account penetration strategies and to close business deals.
He or she is also responsible for understanding the company’s competitiveness in the market place and its offering.
The nature of this position requires maintaining an in-depth knowledge of company’s products, prevalent technologies, and the trends in the industry.
This is one job position that requires individuals who are self -motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to scale beyond given targets – that is, people with a record of high achievement; people who always have the tendency of going the extra mile.
Other roles for the inside sales account manager include uncovering additional sales opportunities whether via phone, social media, email, or a host of other available communication channels, and develop them.
Inside Sales Account Manager Job Description Example
The work activities of the inside sales account manager involves various duties, tasks, and responsibilities as shown in the job description example below:
- Develop plan and ensure its execution in order to maximize revenue of the company
- Promote and sell company’s products to its clients and prospective customers
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and new prospects (this is achieved by following up on inbound leads and online evaluations; proactive cold calling; and following up on outbound marketing campaigns)
- Work out strategies that would help displace competitors from market positions
- Negotiate contracts, together with terms and conditions of business
- Present periodic report and accountability on the inside sales activities
- Engage in forecasting, planning, and account resource allocation and strategy
- Make calls and/or web based presentations to support sales and manage product positioning strategies
- Develop targeted campaigns to increase product pipeline
- Prepare and deliver presentations (most of the time electronic) and proposals in a professional way
- Regularly update customer information
- Diligently develop and maintain a network of business contacts within and around the company’s area or niche
Inside Sales Account Manager Resume Preparation
Searching for a new inside sales account manager job will require having a resume to present to employers.
To prepare a resume for the role, you can use the duties and responsibilities of the position that have been given in the job description above to create the work history section of the resume.
Requirements – Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge – for Inside Sales Account Manager Post
There are skills, competencies, and requirement that one must meet before he or she can be considered for the position of an account manager responsible for inside sales in many companies, these include:
- Must be an exceptional communicator, whether orally – on the phone, or written – through the e-mail
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred (GPA 3.0 or better, strongly desired)
- Must possess a great deal of people skills
- A good knowledge of the computer and its basic applications
- Possess personal, active, and verifiable network of business contacts
- Unquestionable integrity with strong managerial and organizational skills
- Strong drive to succeed, no matter the odds that may set in
- Prospect both cold and warm accounts and demonstrate company’s website tools and functionality to potential customers so as to secure and close business
- Strong ability to increase company’s pipeline through targeted traffic and demand generation.
- Ability to consistently deliver new business ideas, and to grow existing business
- Effective selling and presentation techniques with the capacity to influence customers
- Ability to work with little or no supervision at all
- Flexibility and ability to multi task – handling more than one tasks at the same time is an important quality the account manager for inside sales must possess
- Ability to effectively work with numbers
- For some organizations, the ideal candidates must have about two years experience working in B2B inside sales environment