Inside Sales Manager Job Description Example
What Does an Inside Sales Manager Do?
Generally, inside sales managers oversee the inside sales processes and generation of leads for a business organization.
Their job description entails overseeing the activities of a processing unit to ensure streamlining of the ordering process.
They also provide support to sales Vice Presidents and can act as sales managers to coordinate the sales activities of a company.
Inside sales managers scout and identify upselling opportunities among existing clientele.
Their roles also involve developing and sustaining cordial working relationship with customers to foster growth of a business.
They also help to address customer complaints or issues.
As part of their duties, inside sales managers prepare and develop training programs for employees; they also maintain record of attendance and results of training.
In fulfilling their role, they ensure sales pipeline consists of qualified lead generation team who are responsible for identifying new sales opportunities.
Inside sales managers monitor the performance of sales teams and motivate them to achieve set goals.
They ensure sales policies and regulations are maintained by sales teams.
Their work description also includes supervising the operations of sales department to ensure project completion within specified deadline.
Usually, inside sales managers collaborate with the Human Resource department to conduct the interview, hiring, and training of employees.
They serve as coaches to sales account executives, providing recommendations on appropriate strategies required for improved sales.
They also play a vital role in the resolution of intra-departmental conflict among personnel database.
They monitor sales records to ensure quota and targets are met.
They oversee the activities of dealer development teams in order to maintain KPI measurements for sales groups.
Other tasks inside sales managers perform include providing internal and external support to dealer sales group.
They also organize and hold periodic pipeline review meetings with sales team and work on scripts to make necessary modifications.
The inside sales manager job typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business studies, management, economics, accounting, or in other related fields.
Some of the skills needed to be successful on the job include people management skills, customer-service skills, and analytical skills.
Inside Sales Manager Job Description Example/Template
The following is a job description example that highlights the typical tasks, duties, and responsibilities that are mostly assigned to inside sales managers:
- Oversee the activities of a processing team to ensure a streamlined ordering process
- Support sales executives; may stand in for sales managers to coordinate sales activities of a company
- Scout and identify upselling opportunities among existing clients
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with customers to promote growth of business
- Prepare and develop training programs for employees
- Ensure sales pipeline consists of qualified lead generation team
- Monitor the performance of sales teams and motivate them to achieve set goals
- Supervise the activities of sales department to ensure project completion within specified deadline
- Ensure that sales policies, regulations, and procedures are maintained by sales teams
- Oversee the regular update of the CRM database to ensure its validity
- Collaborate with the HR department to conduct the interview, hiring, and training of employees
- Serve as coaches for accounting executives, providing them with recommendations on strategies for business/sales growth
- Maintain KPI measurements by monitoring sales performance and statistical reports
- Provide internal and external support to sales groups
- Organize and hold pipeline review meetings with sales teams
- Assist in the resolution of intra-departmental conflict among personnel.
Inside Sales Manager Resume Preparation
Do you have a need to make a resume for the inside sales manager job? if so, then you can apply the above sample job description in creating the section that highlights your work experience.
The functions of an inside sales manager highlighted in the above work description are appropriate in completing the job experience section of the resume, which is necessary for you to include in your resume if you have worked or are currently holding the position.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Inside Sales Manager Role
If you are looking to work as an inside sales manager, here are the requirements most employers will want you to meet to be considered for an interview:
- Education and Training: To become an inside sales manager, individuals will be expected to hold not less than a Bachelor’s degree in business studies, economics, management, or in other similar disciplines. Some employers may require a higher degree like Master’s. Experience with systems methodology and CRM skills are also vital
- Analytical Skills: Inside Sales Managers possess strong analytical skills which they employ in the calculation and interpretation of sales data useful in taking business decisions
- Customer-service Skills: Inside Sales Managers are adept at effectively communicating with customers to identify needs and help resolve issues
- People management Skills: Inside Sale Managers are well-versed in managing the performance of sales teams to achieve set goals.
Inside Sales Manager Skills for Resume
In building an Inside Sales Manager resume, the above mentioned skills and qualities can serve as a useful source of information in completing the skills section of the resume.
The skills section is where you show employers your qualities that will enable you to be exceptional in your assignments.
Acquiring and highlighting the above skills in your resume shows employers that you possess the qualities they are looking for in the inside sales manager they want to hire.
If you are looking to work as an inside sales manager, the duties and responsibilities of the position presented in this post will help you to be aware of what the job entails and to prepare for it.
Equally valuable is the sample job description also provided in this post which can serve as a template to employers in making a work description for hiring and assigning roles to new inside sales managers.
Did this post help in increasing your knowledge of the duties and responsibilities usually carried out by inside sales managers? Do share your thoughts, including other functions of inside sales managers that you know in the box below.