Inside Sales Associate Job Description Example
What Does an Inside Sales Associate Do?
Simply put, an inside sales associate is someone whose main duty is to sell the products of a company he or she works for; the point to note here is that it is done inside an office, that is, on a phone, rather than on the field.
The job description of the inside sales associate entails contacting potential and prospective customers/clients by phone and convincing them on taking some time to consider the company’s products.
The advantage this role has is that you wouldn’t have to go knocking from door to door to see if someone is interested in your offer.
The only time you get to travel is when you perceive that customers are really interested. In which case you approach him or her with further details concerning the company’s product or service.
There are certain personality traits necessary for this kind of position.
An inside sales associate must be a people-lover; with ability to handle difficult clients and display of friendly disposition.
It also involves a lot of creativity, as the sales associate has to look out for ways of getting the attention of customers and closing sales, in other to meet their given targets.
He or she delivers a consistent and clear proposition message on his/her company’s product as a tool to increase customer interest level on the product.
Inside Sales Associate Job Description Example
The role of the inside sales associate entails various duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which have been listed in the following job description example:
- Make phone calls
- Present offers to prospective clients
- Establish appointments and invite clients to the office
- Promote company’s products
- Prepare sales reports routinely
- Analyze market sale statistics and implore results for the improvement of company’s methods and techniques
- Attend to the complaints of customers and establish schedules for calling them to resolve any misunderstanding
- Establish good relationship with customers/clients
- Assist walk-in and phone customers
- Represent the company in a professional way
- Efficiently and quickly process and distribute customer products
- Understand the needs of the customers
- Learn the various buying habits and expectations of customers in order to be able to recommend to them solutions and specific products
- Study and monitor new products and competitor’s sales
- Handle complaints from customers
- Schedule customer service calls
- Reach and possibly exceed given targets as will be communicated by employer
- Routinely prepare reports on the sales outcomes
- Analyze market statistics and implore improving their company’s methods and techniques
Inside Sales Associate Resume Preparation
To get a new job as inside sales associate, you will need to prepare a resume and submit to employers. To help in making a resume for the position, you can use the functions and responsibilities of the job listed in sample job description above to write the work experience part of your resume.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Inside Sales Associate Position
Individuals aspiring to work as inside sales associates should develop the following skills and abilities to be attractive to employers who see the qualities as being vital to succeeding on the job:
- Excellent communication skills: This is one skill you can’t shy away from if you must succeed in such a position as a sales associate. On a daily basis you will be required to converse with clients
- Ability to be persuasive; with the ability to convince clients
- Ability to express self clearly and loudly to clients
- Depending on the organization, an inside sales associate does not necessarily require a high qualification, except for some medical or product company that will often require a bachelor’s degree
- Ability to multitask: These sales associates must have the ability to work on several projects at the same time because their job description shows several tasks they need to complete each day
- Good sales experience and business acumen
- Proficiency in the use of computer and other necessary gadgets
- Exceptional customer skills
- Possess peoples skills: The inside sales associate must have the ability to relate with customers in the best possible manner and maintain good relationships
- A strong passion for sales and service
- Effective presentation and management skills
- Ability to work effectively and not break down under pressure
- Self – motivated and enthusiastic individual.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision; this is an important attribute that most employers are seeking after these days
- Possess a certain level of problem solving and analysis skills
- Must be result driven with the ability to meet up with targets as given
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.