Event Planner Assistant Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does an Event Planner Assistant Do?
An event planner assistant is a person who works under the supervision of an event planner or coordinator in order to ensure that an event such as religious program, wedding, trade shows, corporate meetings, football competitions (like the world cup), races, charity events, conferences, and international events play out as planned and free from any avoidable hitch.
Event planner assistant may work for private event planners/coordinators, the events departments of companies, hotels, etc.
His/her job description requires that he/she liaises with the various vendors that may have been contacted to carry out one duty or the other.
He/she is required to ensure attendees of events enjoy a good experience; he/she works with the marketing team to create the best marketing strategy for the event.
An event planner assistant is expected to constantly work with their clients and keep them updated on the progress of plans for the event.
He/she is usually detailed to coordinate the activities of volunteers for the event.
His/her work description involves keeping and maintaining an inventory of equipment needed and to ensure that automobiles required for an event are in good state.
The assistant is required to help meet attendees’ needs, which may range from transportation to accommodation requirements.
He/she carries out the whole gamut of work that may be delegated to him/her by the event coordinator, and assist him/her in ensuring that the event venue is thoroughly cleaned.
He/she ensures that appropriate and adequate waste disposal bins are made available to reduce the possibility of the venue of the event being unnecessarily littered.
Event Planner Assistant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Event planner assistants perform various functions in ensuring a hitch-free event for their clients. The typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities performed by most event planner assistants are presented in the job description example below:
- Helps in reducing cost of running events
- Ensures the event coordinator’s work is less cumbersome
- Ensures adequate compliance with fire safety regulations
- Assists in securing the best venue for the event after considering the event’s budget, purpose, and the pedigree of the expected guests
- Makes certain that merchandise for the event are adequately supplied
- Prepares financial report on an event
- Attends to inquiries that may be made by clients
- Secures appropriate entertainment for the event considering the purpose of the event, expected guests, budget, etc.
- Ensures foods and drinks are adequate and qualitative
- Carries out a follow-up with clients in order to find out their level of satisfaction with the planning and final execution of the event
- Provides the client with a copy of the final financial report for his/her perusal
- Ensures the availability of adequate restroom facilities and toiletries
- Carries out a follow-up with invited guests on their level of satisfaction with the event.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – For Event Planner Assistant Role
If you are looking to apply for the role of an event planner assistant, you will need to satisfy certain requirements from employers to be qualified to access the position.
Highlighted below are common requirements, including skills, knowledge, abilities, and qualifications that you may need to have to stand a chance of being hired for the event planner assistant job:
- A minimum of High school leaving certificate
- Possess people management skills
- Possess proven customer service skills
- Effective conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Problem solving and marketing skills
- Strong ability to work as part of a team
- Possess outstanding organization and time management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain quality focus and professionalism
- Computer literacy with dexterity in the use of Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Proven and excellent project management skill
- Strong ability to attend to clients compassionately.
If you are an employer in the process of hiring for the event planner assistant position, you can easily and quickly produce an effective description of the position in your organization by applying the sample event planner assistant job description given above.
With the job description that you will create, you will be able to clearly inform intending applicants of the competence and qualities of the assistant to event planner that are needed. And that means, you will improve your chances to getting the best suited individuals for the position.
Also, if you are a job seeker looking to get into the event planning career, you will find this post beneficial in learning about what duties and responsibilities to expect to perform if employed as an assistant to an event planner.
Did you find this article helpful in knowing about what event planner assistants do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. We shall also be pleased to read about your job description if you work as an event planner assistant in your organization.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.