Enterprise Architect Job Description Example
What Does an Enterprise Architect Do?
The enterprise architect job description entails collaborating with stakeholders, business representatives, and subject matter experts to design IT systems in synchronization with the needs of the business organization.
The enterprise architect is charged with the primary responsibility of creating the roadmap and regulations guiding IT designs and implementation within a business organization.
In addition, while other units may be saddled with the responsibility of handling a particular part of a complex project, the enterprise architecture unit is in charge of coordinating and monitoring the activities of other units to ensure compliance with the overarching plan of the project.
The enterprise architect’s role involves designing efficient and sustainable programs that are able to meet the present and future needs of the client.
He/she collaborates with solution architects to provide enterprise solutions that align with the needs of clients and businesses.
He/she is also responsible for the management and security of IT assets of the business.
The enterprise architect hires, trains and delegate duties to the members of the enterprise architecture unit and sub-units.
His/her work description also entails selection, designing, implementation, and utilization of IT products within the enterprise.
In line with business needs, the enterprise architect prepares proposals and cost estimation of designing and implementing any IT program.
To be an enterprise architect, one must be educated. For entry-level enterprise architect position, a Bachelor’s degree in a computer related course with certification in computer networking or any other related certification is necessary.
To advance on the job, a Master’s degree with at least 5-10 years’ experience is often required.
In addition, a candidate for this position must have vast knowledge of computer hardware and software.
Also, he/she must be individual with strong business acumen to be able to relate IT needs of the business with its business needs.
An enterprise architect must be a good project manager. He/she should be outstanding at project scheduling, monitoring, controlling, and evaluation.
He/she should be able to detect when a project is going off track and work towards restoring balance.
He/she must have good time management skills and be able to work with deadline so as to be able to carrying out his/her job description effectively.
An enterprise architect must have good leadership ability to be able to handle the pressure that comes with managing human and material resources.
Enterprise Architect Job Description Example
Enterprise architects perform various duties, tasks, and responsibilities; the job description example below shows the major ones:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business representatives, and subject matter experts to design IT systems and programs
- Ensure that IT systems and program to be implemented are in synchronization with the needs of the business organization
- Collaborate with solution architects and network architects to provide enterprise solutions
- Manage and secure clients IT assets and frequently update them to meet changing demands of the business
- Hire, train, and delegate duties to members of the enterprise architecture unit and the sub-units
- Prepare proposals and cost estimation of designing and implementing IT programs and systems
- Work with network architects to enhance sharing of resources to improve information flow and minimize costs
- Assist business managers in developing policies and guidelines regarding the design and implementation of IT within the enterprise
- Educate non-technical employees on how to utilize programs and software in managing work duties
- Ensure the timely completion of enterprise IT projects
- Monitor the activities of the enterprise architecture unit as well as other sub-units in the firm to ensure compliance to the overall project plan
- Detect deviation from project plan and take corrective measures to bring the project on course
- Test programs and software at completion to ensure conformity to expectations.
Enterprise Architect Resume Preparation
The work experience section of the enterprise architect resume can be quickly made by utilizing the sample job description provided above, which details the functions of the role of an enterprise architect.
Highlighting your job experience as an enterprise architect will certainly enhance your resume to be able to win an interview for you.
Requirements – Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge – for Enterprise Architect Job
Here are important enterprise architect skills and qualities that majority of employers hiring for the position usually require applicants to meet:
- Education and certification: To be employed as an enterprise architect, you are expected to have completed a Bachelor’s program in IT related discipline. Most big companies also require Master’s degree for entry-level position. In addition, you must be trained and certified in IT related professional course, for instance in computer networking and database management. Also, having a Project Management training and certificate is necessary for the enterprise architect role
- Computer Knowledge: An enterprise architect must be a computer savvy. This goes beyond knowing how to type very fast. Having a profound knowledge of computer languages such as C++, Basic.Net, Java, and HTML is very important. He/she must also have good knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Mac OS X, Novell Netware, Windows and Linux) and application servers
- Strong business and analytical thinking skills: He/she must be able to understand the business aspect of the job. An enterprise architect must be able to fathom the profitability of an IT system before proposing it for a firm and should be able to assist business managers in selecting and installing cost effective systems
- Communication skill: An enterprise architect must be able to communicate effective with team members and non-technical persons. He/she should be good at issuing instructions and explaining things in easy to comprehend manner
- Project Management Skills: He/she must have good project management ability. He/she must be able to schedule projects and monitor their implementation
- Time Management Skills: An enterprise architect must be very time conscious. Projects always come with time frame; therefore, an enterprise architect must be able to finish projects before deadlines.
- Other important qualities to have to be suited for the job include the ability to manage a team, attention to detail, and good interpersonal skills.
Enterprise Architect Skills for Resume
The skills section is an important part of most resumes that should be included. It highlights relevant skills for the job and proves to employers that you can do the job well.
In making a resume for the enterprise architect job, the above list of requirements is useful in creating the work experience part of it.
What do you think about our enterprise architect job description? Please make your comment in the box below, as well as your work experience in the field of enterprise architecture if you have one.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.