Electrical Maintenance Technician Job Description Sample
An electrical maintenance technician’s job description involves carrying out installations and repairs on electrical apparatus, systems and electronic features of industrial equipment and machines adhering strictly to electrical manuals, code, power tools, diagrams and other stipulations by utilizing hand tools, power tools, test and electrical equipment.
They are essential constituent of a group that maintains the effective running of most industries.
Most sites depend on electric power to utilize their equipments or facilities.
It is the duty of the electrical maintenance technician to repair or put electrical components in place either at centralized locations or at a site.
He/she is responsible for setting up power supply; conduit and wiring for currently installed equipment and machines, including programmable controllers, while adhering to blueprints, electrical ethics, utilizing voltage tester and hand tools.
The role of the maintenance technician covers performing all maintenance functions related with electrical systems, and power generation distribution in line with safety operations and maintenance principles to guarantee the smooth functioning of the production facility for field operation work.
He/she will be in charge of maintaining schedules and performing of switch gear system and troubleshooting of power generation.
This will include performing maintenance functions on relays, UPS, distribution network, breakers, switches, motor contractors.
He/she will offer assistance to the supervisor in programming and implementing the maintenance and upgrade of electrical equipments that are brought to the site, and help in recognizing any digression from the original records.
Job Description Sample for the Electrical Maintenance Technician Position
The electrical maintenance technician is expected to diligently carry out the following duties, tasks and responsibilities, as the sample job description for the post shows:
- Perform replacement on diagnosed faulty electrical elements of machine including motors, relays, and switches; and set-up sensing mechanism, utilizing hand tools
- Carry out diagnosis and correct or replace malfunctioning electronic units like the printed circuit boards
- Carry out diagnosis and ensure replacement of pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic components of equipment and machines which are faulty
- May carry out assignments as electrician crane, time clock repairer, transformer coil winder, electrician rectifier, and maintenance salvage repairer; or function as underground repairer
- Render assistance and manage contractors’ roles for electrical duties
- Render assistance in administration and regulation of the duties of junior technicians
- Organize safe maintenance principles for regulating and scheduling breakdowns.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of an Electrical Maintenance Technician
Employers commonly require work experience in electronic and electrical maintenance with at least an associate degree in electronic and electrical maintenance. Additionally, the following qualities will be expected of individuals vying for the position:
- At least three years diploma degree in Associate Engineering in the pertinent engineering discipline
- Affiliated experience of at least five years with outstanding troubleshooting and technical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication ability
- Sufficient familiarity with schematic and electrical, diagrams/illustrations
- Outstanding acquaintance with safety, health, and environment regulations
- Ability to work under stress and ascend stairs and ladders
- Possession of good eyesight and ability to interact well with superiors and subordinates.