Director Technical Accounting Group Job Description Sample
The individual occupying the post of a director technical accounting group will have the role of heading the organization’s global technical accounting unit.
His/her job description will entail collaborating with the organization’s international market representatives at the subsidiary level and guaranteeing suitable application and execution of procedures and processes required to comply with current accounting pronouncements.
Furthermore, this position will be responsible for managing the requirements of the external auditors and encourages prompt resolution of audit problems.
The ideal applicant for this post is in charge of supervising monetary reporting and general accounting tasks and financial services sector.
He/she will be accountable for maintaining and executing systems of internal management that will guarantee that company assets are sufficiently safeguarded and that all financial statements are prepared in conformity with policies relating to finances.
The director of technical accounting group is also responsible for guaranteeing that uncertainty is balanced with business goals and that targets are attained.
He/she will ensure that only validated claims with the appropriate management authorization are remunerated.
He/she will also be responsible for guaranteeing that procedures relating to internal control and policies are in line to offer logical affirmation that the company assets are safeguarded.
Job Description Sample for the Position of Director Technical Accounting Group
The duties, tasks, and responsibilities of a director technical accounting group are given in the sample job description for the post below:
- Carrying out research on intricate accounting matters to attain external reporting prerequisites including execution of newly updated accounting policies and intricate transactions
- Work with market accounting units to discover and find solution to peculiar accounting matters
- Organize and maintain conventional formal interactions with the marketing accounting units
- Head the development of the organization’s accounting policies and offer or coordinate training for market and control teams
- Organize external audit procedure affiliated with resolution of critical accounting issues
- Head the execution of the approval of fresh accounting principles, including projects on recognition of leases and revenue
- Collaborate with market agents to supervise the adaptation of local legislative financial statements
- Organize with markets to guarantee the prompt resolution of accounting disputes so as to attain the organization’s reporting time limits
- Work with the organization’s reporting group to render assistance with organizing and evaluating filings and help with the preparation and research of feedback to letters, inquires and comments
- Evaluate set down accounting policy memo
- Reassess accounting procedures for specialized transactions and features actualized at reporting and corporate work station for suitability
- Execute accounting guidelines and guidance at reporting and corporate units
- Guarantee all accounting questions are resolved in a prompt way and are suitably recorded and communicated
- Supervises general accounting responsibilities which involves intercompany accounting, harmonization, financial documentation and management of balance sheets and royalty
- Works as the local support for all inquiries with regards to software utilization, methodology and training.
An effective resume can also be prepared for the post of director of technical accounting group using the job description example above.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of Director Technical Accounting Group
The qualities and qualifications that will suit the position of director, technical accounting group are outlined below:
- Completed a four year degree program in accounting or other similar financial fields
- Possess advanced knowledge and expertise in technical accounting and evaluation skills
- Excellent aptitude in both writing and verbal communication in English
- Proficiency in leading teams and organizing global conformity and reporting efforts
- A broad knowledge on working with technical accounting matters and being skillful in offering analytical solutions to these matters.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.