Compliance Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Compliance Manager Do?
Compliance managers generally ensure complete understanding and adherence to company policies, laws and regulations.
Their job description entails assisting organizations escape the consequences attached to non-compliance with set standards.
In performing their duties, compliance managers carry out regular evaluation of an establishment to ensure set policies are maintained.
They conduct compliance or product risk assessments to develop and implement strategies for effective risk management.
It is part of the duties of a compliance manager to ensure an organization complies with general business regulations as well as industry-specific policies.
They are responsible for creating and reviewing company policies. They also organize training for company employees to create awareness and foster understanding of company policies and procedures.
They elaborate the benefits or consequences associated with adherence or non-adherence to set regulations.
It is part of the compliance manager’s work description to execute punitive action against policy defaulters.
Compliance managers in fulfilling their role conduct environmental assessments to ensure environmental standards are upheld.
They maintain proper records of compliance assessments and duly notify senior management of issues or conditions in aberration of standards and policies.
Their tasks also include reporting breach of regulations to appropriate authority.
They distribute written copies of regulations and policies to employees to acquaint them with compliance expectations.
They also carry out investigations to identify compliance issues within an organization.
Compliance managers in fulfilling their role, implement follow-up strategies to ensure complete resolution of compliance problems.
They monitor the activities of company personnel to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
They proffer recommendations to company management on revision of policies, training needs and other factors that affect compliance with regulations.
Compliance managers participate in workshops, conferences, and seminars to improve on existing job knowledge.
The compliance manager job requires a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study. For instance, a bank compliance manager requires a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field while a healthcare compliance manager requires a medical degree.
Some of the qualities to succeed in this field include communication, persuasion, and decision making skills.
Compliance Manager Job Description Example/Template
Compliance managers perform various functions, which include the duties, tasks, and responsibilities listed in the job description example below:
- Conduct regular evaluation of an establishment to ensure set policies are maintained
- Carry out product and compliance risk assessment to develop and implement strategies for effective risk management
- Create and review company policies, regulations and procedures
- Organize training for company employees to create awareness and foster understanding of company policies
- Elaborate the benefits or consequences associated with adherence or non-adherence to set regulations
- Ensure compliance with general business regulations as well as industry-specific policies
- Execute punitive action against policy and regulation defaulters
- Maintain proper record of compliance assessments and duly notify management of conditions that flout set standards
- Report breach of regulations to appropriate authority
- Conduct environmental assessments to ensure environmental policies are maintained
- Carry out investigations to identify compliance issues in an organization
- Distribute written copies of regulations and policies to acquaint employees of compliance expectations
- Implement follow-up strategies to ensure complete resolution of compliance problems
- Monitor the activities of company personnel to ensure adherence to procedures and regulations
- Participate in conferences, seminars to improve on existing work knowledge.
Compliance Manager Resume Preparation
If you are seeking a new compliance manager job and need to prepare a resume, the sample job description above will help you to easily make the work experience part of the resume.
As a managerial position, employers would generally like to see the job experience section of your resume to be sure you have worked in the role of a compliance manager before, and to see the duties and responsibilities you handled, which gives you an advantage over other applicants that haven’t got a work experience section.
So, if you have previously worked as a compliance manager or are currently holding the position, you can simply adapt the functions of the position highlighted in the work description above in making your job experience.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Compliance Manager Job
If you are interested in the compliance manager’s job, here are the major requirements you need to satisfy to be considered for the role by most employers:
- Education and Training: To become a compliance manager, you require a Bachelor’s degree in economics – suitable for a compliance manager position in a financial institution. Some employers prefer graduates with a Master’s degree in relevant fields. Certifications from recognized bodies such as the Compliance Certification Board also increases job prospects
- Communication Skill: Compliance managers are adept at effectively communicating compliance requirements to company personnel
- Persuasion Skill: Compliance managers are skilled in highlighting the benefits as well as the consequences of non-compliance to compel adherence to regulations
- Decision making Skill: They are able to develop and implement compliance strategies effective for improving workplace performance.
Compliance Manager Skills for Resume
Your compliance manager resume will also be more effective if it has the skills section. This is where you highlight the qualities you are bringing to your job if hired.
A good skills section is one that shows the qualities employers expect of a compliance manager.
Therefore, if you have acquired the above qualities, which employers require of applicants for the compliance manager job, highlighting them in your resume will improve its effectiveness.
The compliance manager job description provided in this post shows the various duties and responsibilities to expect to perform if hired by most employers. Knowing the functions of the position before hand will allow you to adequately prepare for the job.
Also, the above compliance manager job description template is beneficial to employers in making an effective work description for recruiting a new manager for the department and assigning tasks to them.
Did this post increase your knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of a compliance manager? Please make a comment in the box below. We will also appreciate your sharing of your work experience as a compliance manager if you have any.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.