Certified Nurse Assistant Resume Example
As a certified Nurse Assistant or Nurse Aide looking to either get your first real job after certification, or you have been working for some time, and you now want to have a change of employer, your resume is a very important tool that can give you the job.
Even though certified nursing assistant positions are usually available as a result of the many places nurse assistants can work, there is still some competition between CNAs over the available jobs.
Therefore, you need to have a strong resume to secure an interview and then go ahead to get the job before other applicants.
Writing a powerful resume for your job hunting needs some skills, which fortunately you can gain from studying good samples produced by expert writers.
Here is an example of a good Certified Nurse Assistant resume that you can use in writing yours.
Certified Nurse Assistant Resume Example/Sample/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking Certified Nurse Assistant position in a challenging healthcare facility where my strong knowledge and skills in basic nursing assistant techniques and process can be put in providing exceptional care to patients under the supervision of a RN.
Profoundly talented certified nurse assistant with proven abilities, knowledge, and experience in collaborating with other healthcare professionals to providing excellent nursing care to all ages of patients assigned.
- More than two years of professional nursing experience
- Possess caring, courteous, and understanding disposition to patients, families, colleagues, physicians, volunteers, and visitors
- Exceptionally organized with ability to perform assigned duties independently and effectively
- Proven ability to perform optimally in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong basic knowledge and usage of the computer.
HoneyCare , ATL
2012 – Present
Certified Nurse Assistant
- Assist the RN nurse in providing quality care to patients in accordance to the certified nurse assistant licensure
- Execute basic technical skills, including applying dressings, taking and documenting vital signs, identifying and documenting signs and symptoms of diseases/conditions that are common, CPR, measuring and documenting fluid intake and output, and administering treatment as directed by the nurse or physician
- Help patients in performing personal care duties, such as bathing, washing of mouth and skin, toileting, eating and hydration, and grooming and dressing
- Assist patients in moving in and out of bed, walking around, and exercising
- Responsible for stocking patient rooms and supply points, ensuring that unit supplies are adequately maintained to satisfy patient care requirements
- Responsible for recording important patient record
- Sometimes perform clerical support duties, such as entering orders, answering phones, entering data, and processing chart.
CareHome Center, ATL
2011 – 2012
Certified Nurse Assistant
- Performed vital signs and weights measurement, and documentation
- Performed intake and output measurement and recording, ambulating patients, glucometry, specimen collection, and completion of assigned documentation
- Followed care and treatment plan as instructed by the registered nurse or physician
- Assisted in admitting, discharging, and transferring of patients
- Assisted in walking patients to bed and out of bed
- Performed clerical functions, such as handling of phone and answering inquiries from patients and visitors
- Performed movement of patients and specimens, and ran errands as required
- Ensured that patients’ rooms are clean and well organized
- Provided safe and quality nursing service to patients of all ages
- Discussed with the RN and the unit team matters concerning changes in patients’ conditions
- Responsible for restocking suppliers as at when due to ensure materials are always available for use in the unit
- Performed 1:1 watches as directed
- Participated actively in unit organized performance improvement programs
- Participated in orienting and training new employees.
EDUCATION AND ONGOING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma
- Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program, GreenField Community Hospital, ATL, 2011
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.