Certified Nurse Assistant Resume Example
As a certified Nurse Assistant or Nurse Aide looking to either get your first real job after certification, or you have been working for some time, and you now want to have a change of employer, your resume is a very important tool that can give you the job.
Even though certified nursing assistant positions are usually available as a result of the many places nurse assistants can work, there is still some competition between CNAs over the available jobs.
Therefore, you need to have a strong resume to secure an interview and then go ahead to get the job before other applicants.
Writing a powerful resume for your job hunting needs some skills, which fortunately you can gain from studying good samples produced by expert writers.
Here is an example of a good Certified Nurse Assistant resume that you can use in writing yours.
Certified Nurse Assistant Resume Example/Sample/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Seeking Certified Nurse Assistant position in a challenging healthcare facility where my strong knowledge and skills in basic nursing assistant techniques and process can be put in providing exceptional care to patients under the supervision of a RN.
Profoundly talented certified nurse assistant with proven abilities, knowledge, and experience in collaborating with other healthcare professionals to providing excellent nursing care to all ages of patients assigned.
- More than two years of professional nursing experience
- Possess caring, courteous, and understanding disposition to patients, families, colleagues, physicians, volunteers, and visitors
- Exceptionally organized with ability to perform assigned duties independently and effectively
- Proven ability to perform optimally in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong basic knowledge and usage of the computer.
HoneyCare , ATL
2012 – Present
Certified Nurse Assistant
- Assist the RN nurse in providing quality care to patients in accordance to the certified nurse assistant licensure
- Execute basic technical skills, including applying dressings, taking and documenting vital signs, identifying and documenting signs and symptoms of diseases/conditions that are common, CPR, measuring and documenting fluid intake and output, and administering treatment as directed by the nurse or physician
- Help patients in performing personal care duties, such as bathing, washing of mouth and skin, toileting, eating and hydration, and grooming and dressing
- Assist patients in moving in and out of bed, walking around, and exercising
- Responsible for stocking patient rooms and supply points, ensuring that unit supplies are adequately maintained to satisfy patient care requirements
- Responsible for recording important patient record
- Sometimes perform clerical support duties, such as entering orders, answering phones, entering data, and processing chart.
CareHome Center, ATL
2011 – 2012
Certified Nurse Assistant
- Performed vital signs and weights measurement, and documentation
- Performed intake and output measurement and recording, ambulating patients, glucometry, specimen collection, and completion of assigned documentation
- Followed care and treatment plan as instructed by the registered nurse or physician
- Assisted in admitting, discharging, and transferring of patients
- Assisted in walking patients to bed and out of bed
- Performed clerical functions, such as handling of phone and answering inquiries from patients and visitors
- Performed movement of patients and specimens, and ran errands as required
- Ensured that patients’ rooms are clean and well organized
- Provided safe and quality nursing service to patients of all ages
- Discussed with the RN and the unit team matters concerning changes in patients’ conditions
- Responsible for restocking suppliers as at when due to ensure materials are always available for use in the unit
- Performed 1:1 watches as directed
- Participated actively in unit organized performance improvement programs
- Participated in orienting and training new employees.
EDUCATION AND ONGOING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma
- Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program, GreenField Community Hospital, ATL, 2011
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
You will also like: