Car Park Attendant Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Car Park Attendant Do?
Car park attendants are responsible for overseeing the use of car parking facilities, as well as ensuring their security and maintenance.
Their job description commonly entails collecting fees, checking parked vehicles for valid tickets, operating boom gates, and directing users to spaces that are available.
Their roles may also involve carrying out minor maintenance work on automated machines which they use in carrying out their tasks, such as machines for collecting money and loading tickets.
Parking attendants may also be involved in cleaning up spills and broken glass, which can cause damage to cars and injuries to drivers.
They may also be responsible for washing and vacuuming the interior parts of cars if they work in parks that also offer a cleaning service.
Their work description also entails driving vehicles over short distances within the facility to parking areas and guarding them.
The car park attendant usually works from a small office or booth, and also takes time to patrol the parking area regularly.
However, some parking attendants may be required to work outside most of the time where they are exposed to weather conditions, which might be severe sometimes.
Some attendants also work in underground or undercover facilities, which might still expose them to weather conditions.
Car park attendants work in shifts, which can be divided into early morning, night, holiday, and weekend shifts.
Due to the fact that many car parks use automated equipment in their facilities, to succeed as an attendant you will need to be familiar with technology and be able to use the machines, including cash registers, computers, and ticket punches, and also be able to perform minor repair work on them and help out customers when necessary.
Car detailing and cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, soap wax, and polish may also be used in some cases by parking attendants.
Car Park Attendant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Car park attendants perform various functions in ensuring smooth operation, security, and maintenance of parking facilities.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly characterize the activities of attendants at most car parks are shown in the job description example below:
- Maintain operation at car park and ensure customers get high quality service and satisfaction
- Respond swiftly to sound of alarm attached to marked vehicles when activated and investigate disturbances
- Identify possible risks at car park and resolve conflict where it arises
- Carry out regular patrol of parking area and issue notices of payment to customers for non-compliance to parking terms and condition
- Carry out regular cleaning of car park to ensure it is tidy and organized always
- Respond immediately to all reports concerning damage to equipment, antisocial behavior, and/or unauthorized access and resolve all issues
- Ensure daily reports are produced showing irregular occurrences, such as damage to property
- Ensure a safe, hazard free, and clean parking environment.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Car Park Attendant Role
If you are seeking to work as a car park attendant, the skills, knowledge, and abilities you will need to have to be able to access the role with most employers are shown below:
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak clearly and to relate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to carry out functions professionally
- Excellent customer service skills to ensure high degree of customer satisfaction
- Highly energetic, confident, reliable, punctual, and proactive individual
- Ability to give attention to detail and perform tasks accurately
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply Microsoft Office package
- Experience working before as a parking, patrol, or enforcement officer
- Possess valid driver’s license.
The sample car park attendant job description provided in this post will be useful to you if you are an employer looking to hire for the position.
By applying the duties and responsibilities of parking attendants, you will be able to make detailed description for the role and get the best qualified people to apply for the job in your organization.
This article is equally useful to individuals looking to become a car attendant. They will learn a lot about the duties of the position and so will be better prepared for the responsibilities of the job.
Did this post help you to understand what car park attendants do? Please, share what you think about this article in the comment box below. And if you work as a car park attendant, do also let us know what your job description entails.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.