Business Office Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Business Office Manager Do?
A business office manager is an individual who is responsible in part or whole for directing and planning a company’s administrative services.
His/her job description entails a variety of office support duties like mail distribution, facility planning, facility maintenance, information management, and record keeping for the organization.
The performance of the business office manager is paramount to the growth and development of the organization.
Consequently, his/her attention to duty, efficiency and commitment to assigned tasks stand as the framework on which a company’s solid structure is built.
The manager is the assigned head of the business office. He/she is in the right position to contribute to company’s growth and influence business processes and activities.
His/her contribution to company’s overall procedures and policies ensure an upward glide in profitability and business stability.
They utilize their skills to ensure the business office adheres strictly to the ethics of service delivery.
His/her influence is immeasurable and it impacts other members of staff in the business office, contributing immeasurably to their productivity.
Managerial styles are exceptionally affected by certain core components; namely background characteristics, managerial behaviors and personality traits. These three core components play very important roles in the company’s strategic policies when applied in the business office and under the watchful eyes of a capable manager.
Risk taking is yet another quality that sets a business office manager apart and makes him/her more productive in the line of duty.
Calculated risk taking is cogent in driving the business office forward towards more pronounced profit making in the general interest of the organization. It improves on effectiveness and accentuates profitable strategies planned by the organization.
The business office manager is saddled with the responsibility of retaining qualified members of staff in the organization and retraining them for better service delivery.
His/her role also entails coaching, selecting, and empowering newly employed members of staff to enable them contribute their important quotas to the company’s business growth. Needless to say, the business office benefits exceedingly as a unit from such impactful activities.
They are required to provide guidance and direction to their subordinates; they must ensure consistent performance monitoring as well as establishment of working standards to which all must comply.
Business Office Manager Job Description Example
The business office manager plays a number of cogent roles in the organization to foster better profitability, and some of the duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the job are highlighted in the job description example below:
- Integrate organizational procedures and policies into operations of the business office
- Properly review and monitor projects of the business organization to ensure such are promptly completed as and when due and within set budget limits
- Provide effective methods of management to ensure company’s business activities win the clients over
- Establish new monitoring and marketing strategies to ensure the company’s revenue is ever on the rise
- Carry out company’s financial management efficiently
- Monitor QA and QC measures closely
- Review system layout and equipment of the company to ascertain their validity
- Create working environment harmonious for all
- Motivate subordinates and other members of staff to ensure steady company growth
- Train new recruits to fully inculcate into them company’s business tradition
- Establish strategies for the business office to ensure better performance for promotional activities
- Explore and analyze new market trends
- Identify any new opportunity obtainable in the company’s assigned region
- Liaise with the marketing team and other relevant teams to bring up and implement plans to ensure effective product launch
- Liaise with heads of departments for integration of company’s goals and visions into their daily business activities
- Communicate effectively to other members of staff in the business office, the vision and goals of the organization to ensure full compliance
- Ensure company’s resources are properly allocated towards immeasurable result generation
- Execute various paperwork, like information files processing, and other daily administrative tasks
Business Office Manager Resume Preparation
To prepare a resume for the role of business office manager, contents from the sample job description shown above can be used in making sections such as the employment history section of the resume.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – For Business Office Manager Job
The business office manager is expected to possess a number of abilities, knowledge, and skills to enable him/her function effectively in the place of work, and some of these are outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in any business-related field, like Business Administration, from an accredited institution
- Ability to perform excellently even on tight schedule and under pressure
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to create and develop new business relationship, systems, and ideas to ensure company’s success in the face of huge competition
- Ability to evaluate and analyze information towards effective and profitable decision making
- Ability to get conflicts and disputes resolved and tackle any rearing problem
- Excellent marketing skill