Business Development Coordinator Job Description Example
What Does a Business Development Coordinator Do?
The business development coordinator is someone who contributes to the growth and development of a business outlet.
His/her job description in a company entails ensuring business development towards better performance and more pronounced profit-making.
He/she also has the responsibility to ensure collection of information about clients is always accurate.
His/her duty will always bring him/her close to other members of staff in related departments and this makes it imperative for the business development coordinator to possess excellent interpersonal relationship capability to prevent rift with other members of staff.
Discretion is another very important quality expected of a coordinator of business development; he/she will have to relate with top management staff and provide assistance to them in planning and execution of company’s agenda.
Consequently, he/she should understand the place of such top management members of staff and be wary in his/her interaction with them.
He/she is depended on by top management for growth and development of the organization, therefore he/she is not expected to disappoint in this regard, but to always proffer hints and ideas, presented in creative manner, to bring about increasing growth of the company’s brand, and to ensure prevalence against competition in the organization’s chosen niche.
The business development coordinator has direct link with clients, and so his/her role will also involve understanding what clients want, and to advice management on how best to keep clients faithful to the company’s brand.
Business Development Coordinator Job Description Example
The business development coordinator is employed to perform a number of very important tasks in a business organization and the major parts of the duties are shown in the sample job description below:
- Liaise with management to develop business plans for the company
- Implement plans towards strategic marketing of company’s products
- Provide enabling environment for complementing the company’s business plan strategically developed towards better profit making
- Develop modalities towards overcoming competition and setting the business up as leader in the company’s chosen niche
- Oversee process involved in business development as the organization’s representative
- Acquire knowledge about the organization and implement such knowledge in day-to-day dispensation of duty
- Understand organization’s business operation and status, including specific opportunities, competitive landscape and business trend towards better service delivery and improved profit making
- Identify all potential leads towards placing the organization on solid profit making foundation
- Collect and share industrial and market intelligence among members of staff and management
- Collaborate with other members of staff towards better execution of company’s plans and business development activities
- Evaluate any trade association and professionals that can positively impact business practices in the organization
- Liaise with relevant staff in proposal development and be involved in tracking success ratio of such proposal
- Evaluate all cross-marketing prospects of the organization and provide needed assistance with all cross-marketing initiatives of the company
- Liaise with other members of staff for the development and maintenance of profiles specific for the organization
- Manage issues like print materials for advertisement and website contents
- Edit and update all materials focusing on business development, including websites, intranet, email alerts, and brochures
- Liaise with other staff members; execute, organize, and plan various activities of the organization, like client receptions, webinars, and seminars
- Work together with marketing department staff to strengthen the organization’s integrity
- Participate in the marketing programs of the organization
- Ensure proper execution of new business initiatives
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Ability – for Business Development Coordinator Job
The business development coordinator is required to possess certain abilities, knowledge, skills, and qualifications in order to function profitably in the organization. Some of these are highlighted below:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields, like communication, public relations and marketing
- 3 years working experience in business development or marketing fields
- Ability to use computer programs, like PowerPoint, Excel, and Word processing packages
- Willingness to commit more hours than usual to work and to function under flexible working conditions
- Willingness to travel for a considerable time period in the course of serving the firm
- Good knowledge about marketing principles and client development in a professional service industry setting
- Strong verbal and written proficiency, including professional proofreading, editing, and presentation capability
- Ability to interact with external and internal clients professionally
- Ability to prioritize and manage many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to face and overcome new challenges seen in the course of work
- Ability to work and interact with members of staff at various levels in the organization
- Ability to arrive fast at workable decisions and to adapt self to any working condition
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.