Bank Teller Resume Example
Are you an experienced bank teller looking for a new job, or you are just trying to get your very first job as a newly qualified bank teller?
Whatever level you are in the industry, you would certainly need a good resume to increase your chances of getting the job.
The competition for the position out there is strong as there are many bank tellers who are looking for the same position.
For you to be noticed by employers and given the opportunity for an interview, your resume has to be compelling.
You can develop the skills needed to write great resumes, and so be able to create or write one for yourself anytime there is a vacancy for a teller.
What you can easily do to achieve this purpose is to study some professionally prepared resumes for the position, like the example below to understand how the various sections are carefully crafted.
Then, using such resumes as templates, you can go ahead to produce your own.
Below is an example of a professionally written resume for the bank teller position that you can employ as a template in creating one for yourself whenever you need to drop a resume.
Bank Teller Resume Example/Sample/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Longing to get a bank teller position in a firm that will enable me bring my vast professional experience and excellent cash control skills to serving the bank’s customers and meeting their needs.
I am recognized as a team player who is hard working, dependable and adaptable; fully committed to building a solid customer database profile that will lead to rapid growth.
An individual with sound knowledge of banking that enables him to handle the responsibilities for banking products, services, and policies effectively; possess reliable professional customer service skills for ensuring customer loyalty; and possess proven record of achieving branch goals.
- Sound knowledge of various methods for processing technical financial transactions
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills for working with accounting software
- Outstanding ability to perform various bank teller tasks effectively
- Ability to utilize a large variety of Window applications to store and process data
- Strong ability to process foreign accounts effectively, including IRA and 401K
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for relating cordially with bank customers
- Proficient in handling large amount of cash, and processing of payments to customers
- More than four years experience working as a teller in the banking sector; attended advanced accounting software training programs.
INTERFACE Bank, Georgia
July 2009 – present
- Ensure that systems and accounting books for recording daily activities are well organized for the day
- Make sure that all monetary transactions for the day are properly balanced
- Ensure customers are able to deposit cash and checks, and also ensure that data on deposit slips tally with money being deposited
- Verify the name and signature of the customer who is receiving cash before the payment is made
- Assist customer s in opening new accounts and verifying old accounts before transaction is carried out on them
- Assist other departments involved with customers making cash transactions
- Operate all accounting machines like PC and counting machines properly to ensure accuracy in record keeping
- Sort customers’ accounts or transactions that have discrepancies and resolve the problem
- Record transactions on the bank’s computer database and create printable receipts with statements for customers
- Prepare promotional mails that are sent on a daily basis to customers
- Responsible for keeping track of all processed checks.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High School Diploma, Success School, Georgia, 1997
- Banking and finance Degree, University of Hampton, 2000
- Bank Teller Diploma, College of Aumsville, 2005
- Banking Certificate, Alabama Institute, 2002.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.