Bank Cashier Job Description Example
The job description of bank cashiers entails attending to their bank’s customers with their cash transactions on a daily basis.
They are the first people to connect with on getting into the banking hall. It is therefore their responsibility to portray the bank in good light and make the customer’s experience satisfactory.
Their duties covers assisting customers with daily cash inquiries which includes accepting credit slips, sorting of checks, and ensuring a balance in all transactions at the end of the working period.
Other tasks they perform are handling complaints and requests from customers and resolving the issues.
It is essential that the bank cashier be proficient, fast and precise while dealing with customers.
The job of a bank cashier will require minimum sales orientation and ability to identify promising sales opportunities that will assist the bank in meeting its objectives.
This makes it imperative that the individual have a pleasant disposition and relate with customers promptly on bank products, services and customer accounts.
They will need experience in handling cash besides a high school diploma, even though most banks will still provide on the job training for employees.
He/she is the one most likely to discover and prevent illegal transactions and thereby avert losses probably through counterfeit checks and currency, identity theft, and other illegalities.
They may also be involved and trained to present ideas on specific mortgage plans or other financial products and services that customers might need such as credit cards, insurance, and various loan types.
An individual vying for a career as a bank manager will have to take on the role of a bank cashier at the initial stage before he/she can hope to proceed to that level.
Job Description Example, Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Bank Cashier
Here is an example of a bank cashier’s job description. It shows a list of some of the general duties, tasks and responsibilities expected of a bank cashier contained in their job description:
- Establish an exciting and welcoming affair for prospective clients on entering the bank
- Supervise debit, credit or cash transactions, as well as other forms of payments within the bank
- Review cash accounts on a daily basis
- Supply clients with relevant information on products and services available in the bank
- List all promotions and relay them to customers
- Resolve customer issues pertaining to products and services
- Manage exchanges and returns, taking into account the bank’s procedures on such matters
- Maintain an extensive report on daily, weekly, and monthly transactions
- Supply information that will enable the bank to know the products and services which are successful and those which should be discontinued
- Provide support for the bank in facilitating the training of newly hired cashiers.
Bank Cashier Resume
To prepare a resume for the post of bank cashier, the sample job description provided above will be useful in writing the professional experience part of it.
The various functions of the position listed in the job description can be modified to represent your actual experience on the job, which gives prospective employers the assurance that you are well qualified for the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Requirements for the Role of a Bank Cashier
Applicants for the post of a bank cashier may need to have a higher qualification than a high school diploma.
Candidates will also need to have acquired at least a year experience as a cashier in performing financial operations, including collecting, counting, and paying out cash. In addition to these, the following skills are also essential:
- Sufficient clerical, bookkeeping, and administrative cash handling experience
- Ability to maintain a balance of large bulk of currency constantly
- Ability to maintain confidential information, thereby safeguarding the bank’s integrity
- Ability to execute assigned duties effectively by proper understanding of both verbal and written directives
- Ability to tolerate stress
- Adequate customer service orientation and experience.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.