Advertising Account Executive Job Description Example
What Does an Advertising Account Executive Do?
Advertising account executives generally act as a mediator between clients and advertising agencies to ensure clients’ messages are effectively communicated in ad campaigns.
Their job description entails various administrative tasks that culminate in the successful completion of an advertising project.
In performing their duties, advertising account executives conduct research to identify a target market and their accompanying products and services.
They alongside other advertising personnel design and implement strategies necessary for the creation of effective ad solutions.
They contact clients through calls and arranged meetings to discuss ways their advertising company can assist in creating the right publicity for a product, brand or service.
Prior to meeting with clients, advertising account executives prepare campaign pitches, business proposal, and cost outline which they present to clients during service proposition.
They persuade potential customers to subscribe to an advertising service by highlighting the perks and quality of advertising solutions provided by their company.
They also assist clients in selecting suitable advertising services that meet their requirements.
In fulfilling their role, advertising account executives liaise with clients and advert companies to ensure the needs of both parties are met.
They conduct price negotiations with clients on behalf of an ad agency to strike a favorable bargain profitable for the company and affordable to client.
Their work description also involves overseeing preparation of campaign budget/costs and issuing invoice to clients.
Advertising account executives supervise the activities of advertising staff to make sure projects are completed successfully and on time.
They regularly prepare and present reports to superiors on implemented strategies and their outcomes.
As part of their responsibilities, advertising account executives engage in business travels to boost clientele; they also participate in conferences/meetings during which they meet new clients and expand contact network.
They maintain good working relationship with clients in order to create the right condition necessary for future business dealings.
Their role also includes monitoring the progress of advertising campaigns to ensure client requirements and company standards are met.
The advertising account executive job basically requires a Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as marketing, business management, and statistics; although with a non-business degree and ample experience in ad sales, you can also secure the job.
Some of the qualities necessary to succeed as an advertising account executive include people skills, negotiation skills, and time management skills.
Advertising Account Executive Job Description Example/Template
Do you desire to work as an advertising account executive and want to know the kind of duties, tasks, and responsibilities they normally perform? If yes, then see the job description example below:
- Conduct research to identify market or clients with advertising needs
- Design and implement strategies useful in the creation of effective advertising solutions
- Contact clients through calls and meetings to discuss advertising requirements and how they can be provided
- Prepare and present business proposals, campaign pitches, and cost outline to clients during business propositions
- Persuade potential customers to subscribe to an advertising service by highlighting the benefits associated with an ad solution
- Assist clients in selecting appropriate advertising services that meet their requirements
- Liaise with clients and advert companies to ensure the needs of both parties are met
- Conduct price negotiations with clients on behalf of an ad agency to strike a profitable bargain
- Oversee the preparation of campaign budget/costs and the issuing of invoice to clients
- Supervise the activities of an advertising staff to ensure timely and successful completion of projects
- Prepare and present reports to superiors on campaign activities
- Engage in business travels to offer business proposals and boost clientele
- Maintain good working relationships with clients to create an enabling atmosphere necessary for future business deals
- Participate in conferences/meetings to improve on job knowledge and increase contact network
- Monitor the progress of an advertising campaign to ensure requirements and company standards are met.
Advertising Account Executive Resume Preparation
If you are searching for a new job and you’ve got some experience working as an advertising account executive, you can use content from the sample job description above in making the job experience part of your resume; this is where you highlight the duties that you carried out while on the job.
The work experience section of your resume gives it more punch as it projects your knowledge of the role and proves your ability to deliver on the job.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Advertising Account Executive Job
The following are the necessary requirements most employers for the job of advertising account executives usually set for interested applicants to the position to satisfy:
- Education and Training: To become an advertising account executive, you require a degree in business related discipline such as marketing, business, management, and statistics. Most employers prefer individuals with experience in the field of advertising sales; therefore, with a non-business degree and relevant experience, you still stand a chance of securing the job position. Experience can be gained by interning at an ad agency
- People Skills: Advertising account executives are able to relate effectively with clients of varying behavioral dispositions to offer business proposals
- Negotiation Skills: They are well versed in conducting negotiations with clients to arrive at a profitable bargain
- Time Management Skills: They are skilled in managing the activities of advertising staff to ensure timely completion.
Advertising Account Executives Skills for Resume
To make your advertising account executive resume more impactful, you need to include the skills section where you emphasize your skills and qualities that make you the best account executive on advertising to hire.
Since the above highlighted qualities are what employers generally believe applicants should have to succeed on the job, therefore, having and applying them in the skills section of your resume will definitely make the resume highly appealing to employers.
The advertising account executive job description shows you the detailed functions of the role to expect to perform if you are looking forward to pick up employment in that field.
This will enable you to decide if you are excited enough to want to take up such job.
On another hand, employers needing capable advertising account executives will find the work description template provided in this post useful in making theirs for recruiting and assigning tasks to new hires.
Did this post increase your knowledge of what advertising account executives do? Please make a comment in the box below, as well as share your experience of working as an advertising account executive if you have any.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.