Accounts Payable Processor Job Description Example
The accounts payable processor in a company usually reports to the accounts payable manager, and is responsible for carrying out prompt and accurate organization and handling of check and refund requests, as well as posting of all invoices to ensure management reports are accurate.
His/her role in the organization also entails assisting facilities, vendors, and co-workers in resolving payable related issues.
The job description of accounts payable processors may vary from company to company; however, it generally involves performing duties such as auditing of invoices for appropriate coding and departmental allotment, as well as processing of such invoices, generating payment reports on expenditure, and issuing of checks.
He/she will also perform tasks like archiving record images by utilizing OpenText imaging program software, and ensuring that all accounts are correctly paid in a prompt and timely manner.
The individual is expected to offer support to the Help Line, and to provide assistance and outstanding customer services to all units of the organization.
He/she is also expected to comply strictly with state and federal regulations, corporate policies, procedures and rules guiding the practice of the profession in carrying out his/her specific responsibilities and duties.
The objective of this position may also include offering of supervision and processing of all allocations for the finance and administration department.
The processor of accounts payable will also be responsible for preparing reports on encumbrances, to support budget division and projection operations.
He/she will need to possess strong knowledge of handling travel expenses so as to aid the unit in carrying out charge reimbursement to staff travel requests.
Example of Accounts Payable Processor Job Description
The following job description example shows some vital tasks, duties and responsibilities individuals holding the position of accounts payable processor are usually expected to perform in most companies.
The job description sample can also be employed in creating a resume suitable for applying to a vacant accounts payable processor position.
- Work on request for remuneration and incoming invoices, and process them efficiently and promptly
- Handle expense reports, refund, and validate information from vendors while reviewing supporting documents for the right accreditation
- Verify appropriate accounts codes and perform keypunching of vendor invoices accurately and expeditiously
- Audit invoices to ensure precision of keypunching, and carry out essential corrections
- Perform research on statements provided by suppliers to enable them secure payment of all open items.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – for the position of Accounts Payable Processor
The following skills and attributes are essential for the effective functioning of the individual holding the post of accounts payable processor, which aid them to succeed on the job:
- Strong ability to effectively and expertly communicate with vendors, consultants, management, and other clients, both verbally and in writing
- Outstanding ability to handle tasks with large number of information with effectiveness
- Commendable skills in organizing and working on several tasks concurrently, as well as in giving proper attention to details
- High level computer knowledge involving mostly the use of Microsoft Office software, and understanding of SAP
- Possess courtesy, empathy, and advanced professionalism
- Outstanding customer service aptitude for ensuring superb customer satisfaction
- Self reliance, with the ability to work comfortably in a team environment
- Possess basic accounting and mathematical skills to be able to post transactions or perform bookkeeping entries
- Possess diploma from High School, with at least two years finance, accounts payable or general accounting experience.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.