Accounting Manager, Job Description Example
The Accounting Manager’s job description entails planning reports of the sales department and making yearly accounting predictions, as well as creating reports on accounts ratings.
Accounting managers are in charge of directing daily activities of accounting staff in the department to accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the company.
He/she will supervise and direct client alliances, as well as establish new businesses from existing clients.
In most cases, the accounting manger will try to locate new clients and establish a cordial relationship with them.
This role of the manager of accounting requires establishing and preserving accounting standards to ensure error-free and prompt generation of financial statements.
He/she is required to maintain stringent deadlines in organizing ledgers and financial reports.
It is not uncommon for the accounting manager to supervise other accounts personnel and manage the unit to ensure timely completion of assigned duties with precision.
The individual holding this position primarily represents the face of the company, ensuring communication with customers, and working out ways to manage their anticipations.
In view of this, it is paramount that the accounting manager endeavors to deliver a beneficial customer service experience.
This can only be made possible by being attentive to clients and linking them with the product or service suitable to their needs.
Whenever there is interference in the process of delivering services, it is mandatory that the accounting manager attempts to quickly work out a solution to ensure continuous business patronage from clients.
This position requires individuals with professional knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word to be able to accomplish diverse financial reporting duties.
This expertise will also enable the manager to set up and give financial decisions that will hasten the formulation of policies within the organization.
Accounting Manager Job Description Example
Shown below is an example of accounting manager job description, detailing some of the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the role.
- Manage the business unit and report transactions and activities to the organization’s finance department
- Collaborate with the finance department’s supervisors to encourage overall development and actualization of targets and objectives
- Maintain high level of accuracy in the use of resources through proper monitoring and efficient analysis of the accounting department’s activities
- Supervise and monitor the accounting department in areas of interviewing, recruitment, and performance management
- Plan and prepare monthly and yearly accounts reports
- Work with the units responsible for accounting records to ensure all targets relating to financial reports are met
- Propose decisive agenda on development of new products.
Accounting Manager Resume
A resume for the accounting manager position can be prepared with information from the sample job description shown above.
The duties and functions of the position listed in the job description can serve as a guide in making the job history segment of the resume with some modifications to reflect your true experience on the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Requirements for the Accounting Manager Position
For outstanding performance of duties, and to create the enabling environment for a favorable working relationship with others, employers usually look out for the following attributes in an individual vying for the post of accounting manager:
- Bachelor of Arts, or Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Business Management or any other finance related discipline
- Three to five years supervisory experience working in a consumer based financial institution
- Prior experience of accounting standards and practices
- Adequate knowledge of financial operations and capital budget concepts
- Outstanding skills in analyzing financial data and promptly generating accurate reports
- Exceptional familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Remarkable skills in organizing budgets, statements of finances, payroll and expenditures.