Accounting Consultant Job Description Sample
The accounting consultant is responsible for programming, implementing, and handling of his/her organization’s accounting processes.
The accounting consultant’s job description entails offering assistance to customers, as well as helping to resolve issues affecting the customer.
He/she also will assist with financial reporting, best practices, and execution of new tasks that may be assigned.
He/she will give report to the payroll manager and will function closely with the retail stores, as well as other units within the organization to guarantee prompt and precise delivery of payroll each day.
A paramount role of the individual in this office is to offer advisory consulting assistance that will guarantee efficient management of changes and help the customer in actualizing the optimum potential and returns on the investment.
The individual in this position will be in charge of all levels of payroll processing, ensuring the confidentiality and uprightness of payroll affiliated data.
The outstanding applicant for the position will be required to possess practical experience in one or more of the areas like property management, financial reporting, project planning software execution, multifamily industry accounting, data conversion, as well as relating with all financial aspects of a company.
The candidate for this office should possess up to five years experience in utilizing a multifamily property administration and accounting systems such as JD Edwards, Intact or Timberline.
This position will necessitate the individual having time for considerable traveling, possessing expertise, the capability to comprehend quickly and display sufficient dexterity in reasoning effectively.
Sample Job Description, Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities for the Position of Accounting Consultant
Below is a sample of an accounting consultant’s job description, showing a list of important tasks, duties, and responsibilities commonly expected to be performed by the individual working in that capacity.
- Head the business process workshop to outline client procedures and processes
- Ensure configuration of the general ledger, cash management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Provide support in completing data processing and modification tasks; create and design financial reports; and document packages
- Offer ongoing assistance to customers, including attending to their concerns; and assist with financial reporting
- Work closely with the sales unit to work out better ways of improving the firm’s chances of closing bargains
- Enlighten customers on ways of executing Realpage, training, and methodology
- Work out engagements and handle statements of work
- Accomplish monthly and yearly billable and utilization targets regularly
- Take active part in cross-unit and cross product execution teams
- Carry out and forward necessary metrics and project reports, including list of issues, project updates, and status promptly to management.
Preparing a Resume for the Post of Accounting Consultant
A resume to be used for seeking the position of an accounting consultant in a company can be written by using information from the job description example shown above.
The duties and responsibilities in the job description can serve as a template in preparing the professional experience segment of your resume.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – for the position of Accounting Consultant
It will be necessary for the accounting consultant to possess the following skills, education, and aptitude in order to be certified relevant for the office:
- Minimum of high school diploma, in addition to 2-4 years of experience and possession of Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certificate
- Prior experience with the use of Ultimate Software (UltiPro) or other Internet based payroll system
- Outstandingly proficient in customer service and skills in Excel, with a strong attention aptitude
- Remarkable organizational dexterity and willingness to work extra time as may be required
- Ability to carry self professionally in the discharge of official functions.