Account Executive Resume Writing Tips and Example
To get a job as an account executive, you need a well-written resume. This will enable you pass the first stage of the job application process and subsequently win you an interview with the hiring manager or HR manager.
The account executive position is a very demanding one and requires individuals with sales and multitasking skills.
Practically, the account executive is the link between the marketing/sales department and the customers.
The job duty of an account executive hovers around identifying the advertisement needs of customers and assisting the sales/marketing department in formulating plans to meet those needs.
A good account executive resume should be written in a manner that endears you to the hirer by highlighting your skills and qualities that are in-sync with the position.
Secondly, it should be presented in an easy-to-scan manner so that at a glance the hiring manager would be able to make a conclusion about your suitability for the job.
Thirdly, it should be concise and error free. You do no need to highlight all your skills and experiences as an account executive. Only relevant skills and experiences are required.
Lastly, it should be as error free as possible. Proofread the resume many times before submission and use simple tenses to convey your points.
Now, let us consider how to create the various sections of your account manager resume:
Resume Objective Section
This section of your account executive resume should come immediately after your personal and contact information. The need for this section is to immediately make it known to the employer that you possess the expertise and qualities to perform as an account executive.
It is often preferable to write a specific account executive resume because such objective statement does not only highlights your skills, but also tells the hirer that you are aware of the unique demands of the position being offered.
See examples of specific resume objective for account executive position:
Examples of Account Executive Objective for Resume
- Seeking the position of an account executive position with Glitx Media inc. utilizing 12+ years’ experience working as a dedicated account executive, and exceptional ability to design and deliver advertising solutions in line with clients’ demands
- To obtain an account executive position with Zayn Media. Offering proven track record of designing and implementing sales/marketing policies that generate leads and close deals
Core Competence Section
Similarly, the core competence section of your account executive resume must be created in a specific manner.
It must be created to match the requirements of the position advertised. If the job is an unadvertised one, it is necessary to research on the company and the job description of the incumbent.
This would give you ideas on the skills necessary to succeed in the position. These necessary skills are what the hirer wants to see in the core competence section of your account executive resume.
Job Experience Section
If you have held the position of account executive previously in any company, this is the section to include such experience.
Here, you will be required to write the name of your former employee (company name), the title of the job held, and the period worked.
Then, you proceed with highlighting the responsibilities you performed in that position.
Education and Professional Qualification
This position is not for illiterates, so the hirer expects you to state whatever academic qualification and training you have to tackle the challenges that come with the job.
You may as well decide to split this section into two by highlighting the educational qualification before the professional qualification.
Need a resume example to make writing one clearer?
See a sample of account executive resume below. You can use this example as a guide in writing your account executive resume.
However, make sure you create your resume in line with the demands of the hirer if stated.
Account Executive Resume Example/Sample/Template
433 Sawyer Street, Little Rock, Arkansas
Home: (+1) 455-7777, Cell: (+1) 454-77777
Objective: Seeking the position of an account executive position with Glitx Media inc. utilizing 12+ years’ experience working as a dedicated account executive, and exceptional ability to design and deliver advertising solutions in line with clients’ demands.
- Over 12 years’ experience working as an account executive
- Exceptional ability to design and deliver advertising solutions in line with clients’ demands
- Ability to establish and maintain relationship with clients that lead to profitable business
- Proven track record of designing and implementing sales policies that generate lead and close deals
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Vast knowledge of advertising procedures and protocols
- Ability to handle complex advert projects and perform in a high pressure environment
- Exceptional client service skills.
Infiniix Media Inc.
2000 – 2013
- Held meetings with clients to identify their advertisement needs
- Designed and delivered advertising solutions akin with identified needs of clients
- Assisted the sales/marketing department to formulate and implement marketing and sales plans
- Provided the sales/marketing department data and information to guide their policy decisions
- Received complaints from customers and worked to resolve each complaint as quickly as possible
- Developed database of leads and followed them via email marketing to close deals
- Kept accurate record of client and sales.
Education and professional Qualification
- Rock City College, Arkansas, Associate Degree in Marketing, 1999.
Getting a job as an account executive may not come easy because of the competition from other applicants, but with a good resume you can make your chances brighter.
Did you find our account executive resume writing tips useful? Please make your comment in the box below.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.